Monday, May 5, 2008

Welcome to the year 2001, Mr. Jamieson!

FOR a long time now, I've kind of scoffed at the idea of a blog. I mean, my life is very busy; I don't exactly have a ton of time to go wasting reading about the day-to-day minutia of other people's lives. But then, I realized that I was being selfish. What if other people's lives aren't as interesting as mine? Don't they deserve to know my feelings about the endangered Florida Puma (puma concolor) ? (Stop coddling them! They have fangs and claws!)

So, kicking and screaming, I've been dragged into the 2000's. Interesting fact: there still is no universally accepted name for our current decade. Several have been proposed; the nil's, the naughts, and the zero's, not to mention the suggestion by the General Assembly of the United Nations - "The International Decade for a Culture of Peace and Non-Violence for the Children of the World." Catchy.

So, I hope you are excited that I am finally joining the craze that is sweeping 2001. Please check back often, and I'll try to keep this up-to-date with the goings-on of my family as well as the interesting tidbits that I pick up here and there. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I DO recall you scoffing the idea of blogs; if I remember correctly, some of that scoffaging was directed towards me, your dear sweet sister! I am pleased to see you eating your words now. And, of course, pleased to have another, new source of Jamieson info (besides Mom).

Millerfamilychronicles said...

"The International Decade for a Culture of Peace and Non-Violence for the Children of the World"...do you seriously mean to tell me that there is something MORE catchy than that...I don't think so.
Though I am ecstatically happy that you started a blog as it gives me the opportunity to scoff and mock you on a more regular basis than I do...which since you guys have moved to FL might I add, my opportunities to scoff and mock have been seriously lacking..alas! Seriously though..one of these days we WILL make it to Florida to visit. We really do want to but now that the fly-by-night skybus is out of business our options are obviously limited.

Millerfamilychronicles said...

wow...I just used the word seriously in the last comment I made 3 times...is that like Californians using the word dude?